RECIPE BY @FLOURISHEDBYNATURE
This creamy buckwheat porridge is perfect for warm summer mornings when you want something refreshing but also a dessert-like meal for breakfast. It is creamy and thick, and the nice cream creates the perfect cool-down effect. Plus it is vegan and naturally gluten-free!
- BUCKWHEAT CACAO PORRIDGE
- 1/3 cup raw buckwheat groats (quick-soaked in hot water for 30 minutes or overnight)
- 1/3 cup vegan yoghurt of choice
- 1 tbsp cacao powder
- 2 tbsp vegan chocolate protein powder
- NICE CREAM
- 1 large frozen banana
- a large handful of frozen blueberries
- 2/3 cup vegan yoghurt
- fresh blueberries
- nut/seed butter
- Drain the soaked buckwheat groats, and add to a blender along with the rest of the porridge ingredients. Blend until smooth and creamy.
- Let sit in a glass in the fridge overnight. You can also skip this step, and use the porridge straightaway! But the consistency won't be as thick as the overnight version.
- In the morning right before breakfast, blend your banana and blueberries together until creamy and lump-free.
- To assemble your breakfast bowl, add the cacao porridge and yoghurt at the bottom of your favourite Coconut Bowl, and then carefully spoon over the nice cream on top and serve with fresh blueberries and your choice of toppings. Enjoy!
Hey there! I’m Julia, a music student based in Austria with a passion for creating plant-based food that nourishes your body, tastes delicious and makes you feel happy too. If you’d like to join me on my health journey, you are welcome to visit my website and stop by at my Instagram account!