RECIPE BY MICHELLE CHEN FROM @run2food
The creamy cilantro dressing goes so well over spiced vegetables and plant-protein! Give it a try and swirl this over your nourish bowls and buddha bowls. It's also a quick and easy dinner idea whenever you are pressed for time!
INGREDIENTS [SERVES 4-6]
- CREAMY CORIANDER DRESSING
- 1/2 cup fresh coriander, packed
- Juice of one lemon
- 1/4 cup chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tbsp tahini
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tsp salt
- PASTA SALAD
- 400g dried pasta (you can use a GF version if you want)
- 1 can black beans, drained
- 1 can of corn, drained
- 250g of cherry tomatoes, halved
- 4 large handfuls of baby spinach
- 1 sachet of Mexican/ burrito seasoning (homemade or store-bought)
- oil, as needed (optional)
- OTHER VEGGIES (OPTIONAL) :
- sweet potato
- Cook pasta and drain. Place it in a bowl and pour half of your mexican seasoning. Toss until pasta is well coated. Set aside.
- Place your vegetables in a small bowl. Add in the other half of the Mexican seasoning and mix well. Carefully mix in your pasta so it doesn't break.
- Make the coriander dressing by blending all the ingredients in a blender until smooth.
- Drizzle the sauce over the pasta and serve in your favourite Coconut Bowls and enjoy!
- You can add a teaspoon to a tablespoon of oil into your pasta to prevent them from sticking. If the sticking doesn't bother you, you can skip the oil.
Michelle is a Dentist and vegan food blogger from Brisbane. She loves sharing simple & tasty vegan recipes via her Instagram platform @run2food. She has also created a website with an archive of all her recipes www.run2food.com. Michelle is on a mission to show that you can thrive off a plant-based diet.