RECIPE BY ANUSHA OF@YUMMYYATRA
Here’s an easy Pasta with poblano-cilantro sauce recipe that boasts bold, bright, flavors from poblano chili peppers and fresh cilantro. Perfect for an outdoor potluck, picnic or backyard cookout.
- FOR THE PASTA
- 1 pound pasta
- Salt, to taste
- 1 cup steamed broccoli florets
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- Vegan feta, cubed (for garnish), optional
- 1 cup poblano sauce (recipe below)
- FOR THE POBLANO SAUCE
- 2 poblano peppers, slit into halves, stems and seeds cored
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro
- 1 scallion, ends trimmed
- 3 cloves garlic
- About 1/4 teaspoon salt or to taste
- Extra virgin olive oil, as needed
- 1/3 cup vegan feta
- 1/2 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- Heat a cast iron skillet to medium
- Add about a tsp of olive oil and place the poblano peppers on the skillet, skin side down.
- Add the scallions to the skillet, increase heat, and cook the poblano peppers and the scallion for about 5-6 minutes, until they appear charred.
- Add the garlic to the skillet and turn off heat
- Place them all in a bowl and cover the bowl. Let the peppers rest for 5 minutes and then peel off their skin.
- In a blender/processor, combine the poblano peppers, scallions, garlic, and salt and blend to a paste
- Add the fresh cilantro, and continue to grind until the leaves are crushed into tiny bits
- Gently pour some olive oil, working it into the sauce.
- Add the vegan feta and pulse to combine
- Stir in fresh lemon juice
- Cook the pasta according to package instructions, reserving about 1/2 cup of the pasta water
- Use the sauce to coat the pasta all over, using some pasta water, if needed to thin the sauce
- Add the steamed broccoli, tomatoes and cubed vegan feta, if using
More about Anusha:
Having lived in many countries, Anusha considers herself a “Global Citizen”. She grew up vegetarian and has been vegan for over 5 years. She is passionate about animal welfare, the environment, and healthy living. She loves potatoes, traveling, photography and dogs. Her goal is to inspire everyone to eat clean and nutritious food.