RECIPE BY SARA FROM @BETTERFOODGURU
Vibrant Mediterranean-style kale and quinoa salad with a creamy green goddess dressing. It's the perfect healthy recipe that you can do during meal-prepping - just be sure to add the dressing just before eating!
- 2 cups quinoa cooked and chilled
- 1 cup lacinato kale chopped
- 1 stalk celery chopped
- 1 carrot peeled and grated
- 2 cups red cabbage shredded
- 10 cherry tomatoes quartered
- 10 green olives halved
- 6 oz arugula
- 1 avocado peeled and seeded
- 1 lemon squeezed
- 1 orange squeezed
- 2 tbsp white balsamic vinegar
- 3 tbsp olive oil extra virgin
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 ea black pepper to taste
- Prepare the quinoa according to the box. When cooked, set aside to cool.
- Put chopped kale, diced celery, grated carrot, shredded red cabbage, quartered cherry tomatoes and halved green olives and cooked and cooled quinoa in a large bowl and set aside.
- To a high speed blender add arugula, peeled and pitted avocado, squeezed lemon and orange, white balsamic vinegar, olive oil, salt and pepper. Blend until smooth.
- Add finished dressing to to bowl of salad and mix well until all is combined.
Sara Tercero | @betterfoodguru | www.betterfoodguru.com
Sara Tercero is the Chef behind the popular blog and Instagram BetterFoodGuru and the Author of 30 Days to a Plant-based Diet: A Cookbook and Meal Plan for Beginners. She shares easy, healthy, and tasty recipes inspired by global flavors that will make you want to eat your vegetables. Her specialties are vegan Indian inspired dishes, Rainbow Salads and Mediterranean and Mexican Inspired cuisines. It is Sara’s mission to prove that plants are delicious and help others cook and eat their way to health and happiness.