RECIPE BY ANUSHA OF @YUMMYYATRA
This vibrant spaghetti is a quick & healthy dinner chock-full of vegetables. Basically easy aglio oglio, all dressed up. Swap out the Swiss chard for spinach or kale, if that’s what you have/like.
- 2 bell peppers, cut into thin strips (I used orange and red)
- Swiss chard (I used rainbow variety), about 2 cups, finely chopped
- 2 cups steamed broccoli
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- ¼ cup olive oil, plus more for drizzling
- Freshly ground black pepper salt
- 1 lbs of long strand pasta
- Crushed red pepper flakes, as needed
- Vegan feta, crumbled, as needed (optional)
- Heat ¼ cup oil in a large heavy wok over medium. Cook garlic, stirring occasionally, until sizzling, about a minute.
- Season with black pepper & stir in the peppers and cook for 3-4 minutes
- Meanwhile, cook pasta, stirring occasionally, until al dente
- Add the Swiss chard to the peppers and sprinkle the crushed red pepper
- Using tongs, add pasta to the peppers & Swiss chard in the wok, stir in the broccoli & splash in about 1/2 cup pasta water.
- Cook, tossing until sauce lightly coats pasta, about 2 minutes.
- Serve pasta topped with vegan feta, if using.
More about Anusha:
Having lived in many countries, Anusha considers herself a “Global Citizen”. She grew up vegetarian and has been vegan for over 5 years. She is passionate about animal welfare, the environment, and healthy living. She loves potatoes, traveling, photography and dogs. Her goal is to inspire everyone to eat clean and nutritious food.