RECIPE BY SARA FROM @BETTERFOODGURU
Delicious bolognese pasta that's ready in less than 20 mins. You read that right! Indulge with this scrumptious and filling pasta recipe that's plant-based and made from 100% natural ingredients.
- 450 g fussili pasta (cook until al dente)
- 2 cups red lentils (cooked)
- 1/2 eggplant (roasted, skinned and chopped)
- 3 baby bell peppers, diced small
- 1/2 yellow onion, diced small
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 tbsp italian seasoning
- 1 can crushed tomatoes
- salt & pepper, to taste
- red pepper flakes, to taste
- Mash the roasted eggplant. Set aside.
- In a sauce pan, saute garlic and onion until toasty and almost browning. Add bell peppers, mushy eggplant and italian seasoning. Cook for 5 mins.
- Addc rushed tomatoes, 1 cup water and cooked lentils. Bring to a boil and lower the heat until the sauce is just simmering. Cook for 5 mins and season to taste.
- Toss in your cooked pasta and stir through. Cook for 1-2 mins until pasta is heated through and absorbed some of the sauce.
- Serve hot. We like serving this with roasted broccoli, garlicky mushrooms and spinach. Enjoy!
Sara is a Chef, a Mother of three, and a voracious eater of plants. She’s always been plant forward but since becoming vegan, helping others eat more plants has become her passion project. She share recipes to guide others on their journey to better health and happiness through food.