RECIPE BY ALEXANDRA PASKA OF @PLANTBASED.TRAVELER
This is packed with deliciously roasted, garlicky asparagus and corn, mixed with pasta and pesto. Make your own pesto or use your favorite store-bought one. You can serve it warm or cold as a pasta salad!
- 1 pound green asparagus
- 2 corn on the cobb, husk and silk removed
- 2-3 tbsp olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves
- 16 oz. penne or pasta of choice
- 3/4 cup pesto
- (Homemade or store-bought)
- A few tbsp of pasta water
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Lemon zest (optional)
- Preheat oven to 425 F.
- Rinse asparagus, cut off the woody end pieces, and prepare corn.
- Mince garlic very finely (or press it), and mix it with olive oil.
- Rub garlic oil all over the asparagus and corn, season with salt, and place asparagus on a lined baking sheet.
- Wrap corn in some tin foil, and roast it for 15 minutes.
- After 15 minutes add asparagus to the oven, and roast everything for another 15 minutes. (Note: Reduce asparagus roasting time to 10-12 min if the stalks are fairly thin)
- In the meantime prepare pasta according to package directions. Reserve some of the pasta water before draining.
- When asparagus and corn are done, cut asparagus into bite-sized pieces, and slice off the corn kernels with a sharp knife.
- Mix hot pasta with pesto, asparagus and corn, lemon juice and some of the zest.
- If needed, add some pasta water, and season to taste with salt and black pepper.
Alex is a certified personal trainer and health coach from Germany, currently based in New Jersey, USA. A love for food and travel inspired her to share easy and delicious vegan recipes to
encourage people from around the world to eat more plant-based food.