RECIPE BY @PLANTEDINTHEKITCHEN
Heart and delicious pasta couldn't be any easier. Full of nourishing veg, this dish will surely keep you full for a long time while also providing the nourishment that your body needs.
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 yellow onion
- 2 celery ribs
- 1 carrot
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1/2 cup red lentils
- 1 jar (24 oz) pasta sauce (store-bought or homemade)
- 1/2 cup water
- Start by rinsing your lentils under cool water. Take this opportunity to look through the lentils and remove any little rocks (sounds crazy, I know). After rinsing, place the lentils in a bowl with warm water and set aside to soak and soften for about 45 minutes.
- Once your lentils have finished soaking, finely chop your veggies and add them to a large pot with the olive oil and sauté for about 5 minutes, stirring frequently. Add the garlic and sauté for about one minute longer.
- Add the sauce, water, and drained lentils to the pot and bring to a boil. Once it has reached a boil, lower to a simmer and cover. Simmer for about 20 minutes until the lentils and veggies are soft.
Serve with your favorite pasta or veggie noodles and enjoy!
- Add plant-based "sausage" or vegan "meatballs" for an extra hearty meal.
- If you like your sauce to have a kick of spice, add 1 teaspoon of crushed red pepper flakes.
@PLANTEDINTEKITCHEN | WWW.PLANTEDINTHEKITCHEN.COM | PINTEREST: PLANTED IN THE KITCHEN
Hi, I’m Kelsey Riley! I am a registered nurse and founder of the plant-based food blog, Planted in the Kitchen. I have a passion for creating delicious vegan recipes and hope to inspire others to try a plant-based diet as well. When I’m not in the kitchen, you can probably find me playing with my two cats or brushing up on my photography skills!