RECIPE BY MARISSA FROM @itsallgoodvegan
This poke is made with a spicy creamy sauce and paired with rice and fresh veggies. It is super easy to make and will keep you satisfied.
- 2 tsp oil, I used sesame oil
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 package of extra firm or high protein tofu (pressed or squeezed lightly to removed excess water)
- POKE SAUCE
- 1/4 cup vegan mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp sriracha
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1 Tbsp tamari or soy sauce, gluten-free
- 1/2 tsp rice wine vinegar
- VEGETABLES & RICE
- 1 small avocado, sliced
- 1 large carrot, chopped
- 1 cup red cabbage, chopped thinly
- 1/2 cucumber, sliced
- 1 cup rice, cooked according to package instructions
- sesame seeds
- vegan furikake
- Combine all the sauce ingredients in a medium bowl and mix. Place the bowl in the refrigerator to chill.
- Cut your pressed tofu into small cubes.
- Preheat your non-stick pan to medium heat. Once warm, add the 2 teaspoons of oil, tofu, salt, and cook for 3-4 minutes. Flip, and cook for 3-4 minutes or until the outside of the tofu is slightly crispy.
- Remove tofu from the heat and place in a large bowl. Add your poke sauce and mix until each piece of tofu is covered.
- Assemble your bowls with raw veggies and rice. Garnish with sesame seeds and furikake.
Marissa Wong @itsallgoodvegan | www.itsallgoodvegan.com
I’m Marissa, the recipe creator and food photographer for It’s All Good Vegan. I love to spend my days in the kitchen creating simple and healthy recipes. My mission is to educate others how eating plants can help you live a healthy, balanced life.