RECIPE BY MICHELLE CHEN FROM @run2food
"This is my go-to banana recipe as it's really easy to make, but it's moist, fluffy and there's tons of flavour in every bite. Feel free to add any mix-ins like walnuts, chocolate chips and berries."
- 2 cups self-raising flour
- 2/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- optional mixins (walnuts, chocolate chips)
- 1/2 cup coconut oil, melted
- 250g very ripe spotty bananas (about 4 medium peeled bananas)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 175 ℃/ 350 ℉ and line a baking tin with non-stick paper
- In a large bowl, combine the dry ingredients.
- In a blender, blend together the wet ingredients until a banana “milk” forms
- Add the wet mixture to the dry and mix until a thick batter is formed.
- Optional: fold in mix-ins of your choice like nuts, chocolate,?berries etc
- Transfer the batter to the lined tin.
- Bake in the oven for 35-40 minutes until a knife inserted comes out clean
- Allow the loaf to cool completely before slicing
- Storage tips: Place in an airtight container at room temperature for 3 days, in the fridge for 5 days or in the freezer for 1 month
Michelle Chen | @run2food | www.run2food.com
Michelle is a Dentist and vegan food blogger from Brisbane. She loves sharing simple & tasty vegan recipes via her Instagram platform @run2food. She has also created a website with an archive of all her recipes www.run2food.com. Michelle is on a mission to show that you can thrive off a plant-based diet.