These oatmeal bars are soft baked, so easy to whip up, and make your house smell like a dream! They’re both vegan and gluten free and are perfect for breakfast, dessert, or snacking in between!
PREP TIME: 10 mins
TOTAL TIME: 25 mins
SERVINGS: 12 squares
● 1 cup rolled oats
● 1 1/4 cups oat flour
● 1 tsp baking powder
● 1/2 tsp salt
● 1 cup mashed bananas (about 2 large bananas)
● 1/2 cup creamy almond butter
● 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
● 1/4 cup maple syrup
● 1 tsp vanilla extract
● 1/4 cup vegan chocolate chips + more for sprinkling on top
Preheat the oven to 350F and line a 9x9 baking pan with parchment paper.
- In a medium sized bowl, combine the oats, oat flour, baking powder, cinnamon and salt. Set aside.
- In another bowl, mash the bananas with a fork and then stir in the almond butter, applesauce, maple syrup, and vanilla extract. Mix until fully combined and no clumps remain.
- Slowly add in the oat mixture and stir until combined.
- Fold in the chocolate chips
- Transfer the batter into prepared baking pan and sprinkle on additional chocolate chips. Bake for 25 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean and top is golden brown.
- Cool for 10 minutes in the pan and then carefully transfer to a wire rack to cool completely before slicing.
* You can substitute the almond butter for creamy peanut butter or sun butter for a nut free option.
* Feel free to add 1/4 cup of walnuts or other nuts if desired for a little extra crunch!
Arisha is a plant-based enthusiast and athlete from Vancouver, Canada with a passion for promoting a healthy yet balanced lifestyle.
Explore more @wakeupandkale / wakeupandkale.com