RECIPE BY HEALTHY LITTLE VITTLES
These bliss balls are sweet and tasty. The cream coating makes it even more decadent. Great as a snack and as a topping for smoothie bowls, cupcakes and cakes!
- BLISS BALLS
- 1 cup strawberries, diced
- 2 cups granola
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1 tablespoon flaxseed meal
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup almond butter (or other nut/seed butter)
- 2/3 cup maple syrup
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1/3 cup coconut flour
- CREAM COCONUT BUTTER SHELL
- 1/2 cup coconut butter
- 1/4 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon pink pitaya powder, for coloring if desired (optional)
- In a food processor or blender pulse the strawberries into very fine pieces. Add the granola along with the chia seeds, flaxseed meal, cinnamon, and pure vanilla extract and pulse to combine.
- Add the almond butter and maple syrup and pulse until well incorporated.
- Spoon the mixture into a medium bowl and fold in almond and coconut flour, adding more if needed until the mixture isn't too sticky.
- Using 1 tablespoon of batter, roll them into balls and chill for about 15 minutes before enjoying.
- To coat them in a vanilla coconut butter shell, simply melt the coconut butter in a bowl and add the vanilla and pink pitaya powder if using. Roll each ball in the melted coconut butter to coat well and then place onto a parchment-lined baking sheet then place them in the fridge to chill and harden. Keep them stored in the fridge.
@healthylitttlevittles | www.healthylittlevittles
Gina Fontana, is the recipe developer, photographer, and certified health coach behind the popular blog Healthy Little Vittles, where she shares delicious plant-based, vegan, gluten-free recipes. In 2013, after a lifelong search for answers to her unexplained health ailments, Gina was diagnosed with thyroid disease. Switching to a gluten-free, plant-based diet transformed her life, prompting Gina to share her journey with others. Through her story, recipes and creative photography, Gina’s mission is to inspire people to pursue a healthier lifestyle. She is the published author of the books Moon Milk and The Beginner's Guide to Gluten-Free Vegan Baking. She lives in Columbus, OH with her husband, 5 year old son, 3 year old daughter, and two fur babies.