RECIPE BY JULIA FROM @FLOURISHEDBYNATURE
This semifreddo dessert the perfect tropical-inspired treat during the summer! Get a slice or two and serve generously with granola or crumble to add some texture.
makes 10-12 slices
- 350 g silken tofu
- 70 g dairy-free white chocolate
- 60 g cashews
- 50 ml coconut milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 4 whole pineapple slices (canned, save the juice)
- In a small bowl, add white chocolate and coconut milk, and heat in the microwave for 30 seconds to 1 minute until the chocolate has melted. Stir and set aside.
- In a non-stick skillet, caramelise the pineapple slices until they get a slight char on each side. Add splashes of pineapple juice, if needed, to make sure that the pineapple won't stick to the bottom of the pan. Set aside to cool.
- Line a bread pan with parchment paper and place the pineapple slices at the bottom.
- In a high-speed blender, add silken tofu, white chocolate & coconut mixture, cashews and vanilla extract. Blend until smooth and creamy.
- Pour blended mixture into the bread pan. Tap the pan onto the counter to release any air pockets.
- Freeze overnight. Remove from the freezer and thaw for a few minutes. This helps with the slicing.
- Serve one or two slices for each person. Garnish with crumble or granola and enjoy!
Hey there! I’m Julia, a music student based in Austria with a passion for creating plant-based food that nourishes your body, tastes delicious and makes you feel happy too. If you’d like to join me on my health journey, you are welcome to visit my website and stop by at my Instagram account!