Your day is packed, full of meetings, phone calls, and a quick trip to the gym. It is 8pm and you just arrived at home completely exhausted but still need to prepare you dinner and meals for the next day. Sounds familiar?
Sometimes making delicious meals seems too challenging for our busy weeks. That's why we've put together a simple, and super delicious plant-based meal plan, to help you to stay on track through your day, while giving you that extra energy boost!
Follow these steps and we promise – you'll have plenty of time to create tasty meals at home.
1. Plan your daily meals – this is important if you are not familiar with recipes and you do not feel ‘natural’ in the kitchen. Choose simple recipes and go from there!
2. Make the list and stick to it. This will help you to stay on track and avoid food waste.
3. Do a big grocery shop once a week and try to avoid going to the store for food every day.
4. Prepare your breakfast and lunch in the evening, and a bit more for dinner so leftovers can be used for lunch next day
5. Love your food and have fun! – make it sexy and yummy. Even meal preps or just a snack should be something that brings you joy. Healthy is yummy, healthy is sexy, and healthy is fun!
1. Breakfast —Overnight Oats.
Our favourite breakfast! Would you believe if I told you this is our breakfast from Monday till Friday! All it takes is 5 minute and BAM, you have your perfect breakfast. So creamy and yummy, packed with protein and healthy fats.
Our overnight oats are made from smashed banana (half per portion), oats, coconut yoghurt, coconut milk, some seasonal fruits on top and the secret tasty ingredient — protein powder.
2. Lunch — Chickpea and sweet potato curry
30 minutes is all it takes to make this delicious healthy curry. The best thing about curry is that you can get as creative as you want —whether you add crunchy vegetables, tofu, tempeh, spice, or other tasty ingredients —the possibilities are endless! Depending on how spicy you like to eat, you should pay attention to this when buying your paste.
We LOVE adding sweet potato to this curry because it gives the sauce a creamy consistency and a warm, soft taste without any binder. It also doesn't take long for the sweet potatoes to soften and cook.
Snack - Tahini Banana Bread
Someone said tahini? Oh yes! Once a week, we all face the same question: “What to do with ripe bananas?” Our answer is (and always will be) banana bread! There are so many possibilities and versions of it and each single one of them is so yummy!
This recipe combines two of my most favourite ingredients, is moist, sweet, nutty, perfectly cake-like, and made in just one bowl! The Tahini adds a smooth nutty flavour that perfectly complements the sweet bananas and spices.
Dinner - Falafel Kale Salad
This salad recipe is a perfect light and hearty dinner option. You can easily make falafel yourself (and they're delicious!). This recipe is healthy, tasty, and not greasy like other fried options. 😊
The trick to a tasty kale salad, is massaging your kale — this makes the kale soft, easier to digest, and brings out the flavour. Add a bit of your favourite dressing to really unfolds this dishes magic.