RECIPE BY DIANE GARVEY FROM @THEBEETDROP & WWW.DIANEGARVEY.COM
No more boring and bland salads! This recipe is a go-to in my house. It’s crunchy, and satisfying, with a bit of heat from red chili flakes and sweetness from mango to balance it all out. The salad dressing comes together in less than 5 minutes and is good on basically everything. The crunchy chickpeas act like a crouton but are more flavorful and healthier too. Bonus: this recipe is a great way to use broccoli stalks that may otherwise go to waste (Yes, they are totally edible and delicious!). Let us know if you try this recipe out.
- 5 cups green cabbage (shredded or finely chopped)
- ¼ cup purple cabbage (shredded or finely chopped)
- 2 cups broccoli stalks (peeled and shredded or finely
- 3 cups kale (finely chopped)
- ¾ cup crispy garlic chickpeas (recipe below)
- ¾ cup red bell pepper (diced)
- ½ cup carrots (shredded)
- ⅓ cup cilantro (finely chopped)
- ¼ cup sunflower seeds (roasted)
- CHILI MANGO DRESSING
- 1 cup mango (diced)
- ¼ cup apple cider vinegar
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp agave
- 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- ½ tsp pepper
- ¼ tsp salt
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- 2 - 4 tbsp water depending on the consistency desired
- 2 tsp red chili flakes (2 tsp is spicy. If you want a subtle heat use 1 tsp)
- CRISPY GARLIC CHICKPEAS
- 1 can chickpeas
- 2 - 3 tbsp olive oil
- ½ tsp chili powder
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp salt
- For the dressing: Add liquids to a blender, followed by spices, and then mango.
- Blend all dressing ingredients together.
- Add more water if you would like a thinner dressing
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge until ready to use.
For the chickpeas: Preheat the oven to 400 F.
- Drain chickpeas and pat dry.
- Mix together oil and spices. Mix with chickpeas. Spread chickpeas out on a sheet pan.
- Bake for 15 min. Stir chickpeas. Bake for an additional 15 min.
- Store in an airtight container until ready to use.
- In a large bowl, place all your salad ingredients and pour in just enough dressing to coat the ingredients.
- Toss to coat and serve with a generous serving of crispy garlic chickpeas.
@thebeetdrop | www.dianegarvey.com
I love feeding people awesome vegan food. I've been a vegan chef in rest aurants for years in Boston, Chicago and Seattle. Now, I am an plant-based recipe creator and food videographer. I'm stoked to help people make living a vetgan lifestyle easy. Feel free to dm me any questions, I love talking about all things food-related!