RECIPE BY KATIE JACQUES FROM @THEALLNATURALVEGAN
These soft tacos are delicious and flavourful, thanks to the Asian and Mexican flavours. Each taco is low in calories, so it's fine if you'll take 1 or two more. Enjoy with the sweet peanut sauce and some sriracha.
- CRISPY TOFU
- 1 block extra firm tofu
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1/4 cup chickpea flour
- 1/3 cup shredded coconut/or coconut flour
- 1 tbsp coconut aminos
- SWEET PEANUT SAUCE
- 1/3 cup peanut butter
- 1 tsp miso paste
- 2 tbsp date syrup
- water to desired consitency
- 2 cups shredded purple cabbage
- 4 carrots
- 1 daikon radish
- 12 gluten-free tortillas
- crushed peanuts
- Begin by pressing the tofu, this helps it to not fall apart. Preheat oven to 400F.
- Once pressed chop into cubes and coat with coconut aminos.
- Combine the almond flour, coconut flour/or shredded coconut, and the chickpea flour together. Pro tip: place it in a ziplock bag, then when you add the tofu you can simply shake it in the bag and everything gets evenly coated.
- Once tofu is evenly coated, place on your silicone baking mat/sheet pan and bake for 30 minutes. You can also use an air fryer here, but for about 20 minutes.
- While the tofu is cooking shred/thinly slice your vegetables.
- Make sauce by whisking together sauce ingredients.
- Once tofu is crispy, assemble your tacos and top with peanut sauce, cilantro, and crushed peanuts, serve and enjoy!
Katie | @theallnaturalvegan | www.theallnaturalvegan.com
Hi, I'm Katie from Charleston South Carolina. I am a recent college graduate with a passion for food! I went vegan in 2018, and have been hooked ever since. I love creating and photographing healthy recipes, going on long walks, and all things plants!