RECIPE BY SARA FROM @BETTERFOODGURU
This edamame salad is super tasty. It has slaw-style shredded veggies and a sweet and tangy dressing. This side dish or full meal comes together quick!
INGREDIENTS (serves 2)
- 2 cups green cabbage approximately ½ head shredded
- ½ pound brussels sprouts shredded
- 2 carrots peeled and grated
- 1 stalk celery chopped
- 1 cup frozen shelled edamame
- ½ zuchinni grated
- 2 ea green onion chopped white and green parts
- 1 tbsp toasted sesame oil
- 2 tbsp Thai sweet chili sauce (if you cannot find this, double the maple syrup, and add 1 tsp rice vinegar and add a pinch of crushed red pepper instead)
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 tbsp low sodium soy sauce
- 2 lime
- 2 tbsp ginger root peeled and grated
- Boil a small pot of water and blanch the edamame quickly by adding to the boiling water for 2 minutes, then draining and rinsing with cold water. Set aside.
- Get a large mixing bowl ready.
- Shred the cabbage, Brussels sprouts, carrots and grate the zucchini and add to the bowl.
- Chop the celery and green onions and add to the bowl.
- Add the drained and cooled edamame.
- Add the ginger, sesame oil, sweet chili sauce, lime, maple syrup and soy sauce.
- Mix well until combined. Taste and adjust to your liking. (If you like saltier add another tsp of soy sauce, if you like sweeter add another tbsp Thai sweet chili sauce.)
- Enjoy within 3 days.
Sara Tercero | @betterfoodguru | www.betterfoodguru.com
Sara Tercero is the Chef behind the popular blog and Instagram BetterFoodGuru and the Author of 30 Days to a Plant-based Diet: A Cookbook and Meal Plan for Beginners. She shares easy, healthy, and tasty recipes inspired by global flavors that will make you want to eat your vegetables. Her specialties are vegan Indian inspired dishes, Rainbow Salads and Mediterranean and Mexican Inspired cuisines. It is Sara’s mission to prove that plants are delicious and help others cook and eat their way to health and happiness.