RECIPE BY MEALS BY MIRI
Mashed potatoes are definitely a staple in every dinner table. Make it even more delicious by adding miso - an umami-rich ingredient that's famous in asian cuisines.
- 800g potatoes (after peeling)
- 3 tbsp vegan butter
- 1/4 tsp fine table salt (or more to taste)
- 1 tbsp miso paste
- 100 ml unsweetened plant based milk
- Start by peeling and chopping your potatoes into equal sized chunks. Boil in unsalted water until they become completely soft.
- Remove from the water and run them through a potato ricer. If you don't have a potato ricer - first of all I recommend you get one because they're great - secondly, you can use a fine mesh strainer and push them through with a spatula. This ensures a fine mash without big chunks, that's still light and not "gloopy" like it would be if you used a stick blender.
- Add the riced potatoes back into the sauce pan over very low heat and add in the rest of the ingredients. Stir until all combine and add any other seasonings or extra salt that you may want to taste.
- Serve and enjoy!
Miriam | @mealsbymiri | www.mealsbymiri.com
My name is Miriam, I’m a 25 year old vegan food blogger who lives in Trondheim, Norway. I spend most of my time cooking up vegan recipes in my kitchen and I also work a full time job in digital marketing.