RECIPE BY MARISSA WONG FROM @itsallgoodvegan
I call this one “the ultimate summertime side dish special”. Ok, I’m definitely not calling it that, but that’s exactly what it is. These fresh ingredients come together so well and when you add a touch of zesty lime dressing, you’ll have people coming back for seconds.
GRILLED CORN SALAD
- 4 large ears of corn, shucked
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, sliced
- 1 cup chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup bell peppers, chopped
- 1 large avocado, peeled and sliced
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro, with the stems removed, chopped
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- ZESTY LIME DRESSING
- 4 large limes, juiced
- 1 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- ¼ tsp cumin powder
- ¼ tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp maple syrup, optional
- ¼ tsp garlic powder, optional
- In a bowl combine the zesty lime dressing ingredients and whisk. Place the dressing in the refrigerator to chill.
- Heat your grill or grill pan on high heat. Once warm, grill your corn for 5 minutes, flip, and cook for an additional 5 minutes or until the corn is slightly charred and tender.
- Cut the kernels off the cob and place the corn in a large bowl. Add the cherry tomatoes, bell peppers, avocado, chickpeas, cilantro, salt, and pepper.
- Pour the lime dressing on the veggies and toss. Taste salad and add additional seasoning (salt, pepper, and cilantro).
- Place the Grilled Corn Salad in the refrigerator for 20 minutes to chill. Divide into bowls and serve.
Marissa Wong @itsallgoodvegan | www.itsallgoodvegan.com
I’m Marissa, the recipe creator and food photographer for It’s All Good Vegan. I love to spend my days in the kitchen creating simple and healthy recipes. My mission is to educate others how eating plants can help you live a healthy, balanced life.