If you love chickpeas, then this recipe is perfect for you. This salad is dressed with tahini dressing and then topped with crispy and smokey roasted chickpeas.
- CRISPY CHICKPEAS
- 2 15 oz canned chickpeas, drained
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tbsp coriander
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 3 cups escarole (or any hardy lettuce), lettuce
- 1 roasted orange bell pepper, roasted and chopped
- 2 cups green cabbage, shredded
- 2 cups red cabbage, shredded
- 1/4 cup parsley, chopped
- 1/4 red onion, diced
- 1/2 cup sesame tahini
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 lemons
- 1 tsp maple syrup
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Toss the drained chickpeas with the olive oil, cumin, coriander, garlic powder and salt. Place them on a sheet pan in a single layer, along with the bell pepper cut in quarters. Bake for 30 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- Chop the escarole, cabbage, onion and parsley uniformly for the salad and put them into a large bowl. Once the roasted bell peppers are cool, seed and chop and add to the salad bowl.
- Make the dressing by combining tahini, water, lemon, garlic powder, salt and maple syrup and mixing until smooth and creamy.
- Toss the salad with half of the dressing. Top with the crispy chickpeas and the remaining creamy lemon tahini dressing.
Sara Tercero | @betterfoodguru | www.betterfoodguru.com
Sara Tercero is the Chef behind the popular blog and Instagram BetterFoodGuru and the Author of 30 Days to a Plant-based Diet: A Cookbook and Meal Plan for Beginners. She shares easy, healthy, and tasty recipes inspired by global flavors that will make you want to eat your vegetables. Her specialties are vegan Indian inspired dishes, Rainbow Salads and Mediterranean and Mexican Inspired cuisines. It is Sara’s mission to prove that plants are delicious and help others cook and eat their way to health and happiness.