RECIPE BY MARISSA FROM @itsallgoodvegan
"I’ve always thought that roasting veggies totally transforms them. Not only taste, but also texture and appearance. It’s a great way to keep things exciting, even with the same ingredients. This bowl is packed with veggies, chickpeas and topped with a creamy tahini sauce."
- ROASTED VEGETABLES
- 1 tsp neutral oil, I used avocado oil, optional
- 2 cup baby red potatoes, unpeeled, chopped into quarters
- 3 carrots, peeled and julienne cuts (matchsticks)
- 1 large red onion, chopped
- ½ bunch asparagus, trimmed and chopped into 3 inch pieces
- 1 can (15 ounces) of chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- CREAMY TAHINI SAUCE
- ¼ cup tahini
- ¼ cup filtered water, add more to thin
- 1 small lemon, juiced with the seeds removed
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- OPTIONAL GARNISH
- 1 tsp toasted sesame seeds
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper. Preheat your oven to 425°F or 218 °C. Evenly spread the potatoes, carrots, and onions on the baking pan. Drizzle with oil and bake for 30 minutes.
- While the vegetables are roasting make the Creamy Tahini Sauce. Combine all dressing ingredients in a medium bowl and mix until smooth and creamy. To thin the sauce add more water to thin. Place your sauce in the refrigerator to chill.
- Take the vegetables out of the oven and evenly add the asparagus, chickpeas, salt, and pepper to the pan. Bake for an additional 12-15 minutes or until the asparagus is completely cooked
- Divide the roasted vegetables and chickpeas into bowls and drizzle with Creamy Tahini Sauce. Taste and add additional seasoning (salt and pepper) and garnish sesame seeds.
Marissa Wong @itsallgoodvegan | www.itsallgoodvegan.com
I’m Marissa, the recipe creator and food photographer for It’s All Good Vegan. I love to spend my days in the kitchen creating simple and healthy recipes. My mission is to educate others how eating plants can help you live a healthy, balanced life.