RECIPE BY @TERIANNCARTY
Creamy, hearty, and spicy curry spiced with Kashmiri - a mildly spicy pepper that is often used to colour certain dishes. Serve with hot rice and chopped fresh herbs. Enjoy!
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 red onion
- 1 leek (white part only)
- 1 carrot
- 1 stalk celery
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 tbsp minced ginger
- 2 tsp cumin
- 2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp coriander
- 1/2 tbsp Kashmiri chili powder
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 2 medium sized russet potatoes
- 1 28oz canned tomatoes
- 1 litre veggie stock
- 1 cup cooked chickpeas
- 1/2 cup cooked white beans
- Heat olive oil in a large dutch oven. Add red onion, leek, carrot and celery.
- Saute for several minutes. Season with sea salt and cracked pepper.
- Add garlic, ginger and toss to combine. Cook for 1 minute. Add spices and toast for 30 seconds.
- Toss in tomato paste and cook for 30 seconds more.
- Add in potatoes and stir to coat.
- Add in tomatoes and veggie stock. Bring to a boil and cook for 30 minutes until potatoes are fork tender.
- Lastly add in cooked chickpeas and beans. Cook for an additional 10 minutes. Season again with salt and pepper.
- Serve with rice.
Teri-Ann | @terianncarty | www.terianncarty.com
Teri-Ann is a food photographer, recipe developer and yoga teacher from Toronto, Canada. Teri-Ann adopted a vegan lifestyle 9 years ago soon after she got sober and broke free from a debilitating alcohol and drug addiction. She wanted to cleanse her body from the inside out and choosing a plant-based diet was one of the ways she achieved that. Teri-Ann now spends most of her days developing recipes, styling dishes, and shooting photographs for numerous clients as she builds her personal brand.