RECIPE BY JANET OF @JANETSMUNCHMEALS
Meaty udon stir-fry that packs a lot of flavour and umami.Delicious served on its own or with a side of salad.
INGREDIENTS (serves 4)
- 4 servings soy curls re-hydrated*
- 4 servings noodles**
- 1/4 bell pepper thinly sliced
- 1/2 large zucchini chopped
- 1/4 red onion finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 1 tbsp toasted sesame oil for cooking the above
- 6 tbsp reduced sodium soy sauce
- 2 tbsp agave
- 2 tbsp mirin
- 1 1/2 tbsp ginger paste
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp chili garlic sauce
- 4 tsp toasted sesame oil
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tbsp cornstarch + 2 tbsp water to dissolve
- Add the sesame oil to a large pan, cook re-hydrated soy curls on medium heat for 5 minutes, stirring every so often.
- Meanwhile, chop the onion, garlic, peppers and zucchini. Add the onion and garlic to the pan and cook for 2 min, then add the peppers and zucchini. Stir, cook another 2 minutes.
- While veggies are cooking, cook and drain the noodles according to package directions, and whisk together sauce in a bowl. Add the sauce to the pan with soy curls and veggies, stir and allow to bubble for a minute to thicken, then add cooked noodles.
- Stir and serve, top with sesame seeds and more chili garlic sauce if you like it spicy!
- Re-hydrate soy curls by placing them in a bowl and covering them with water. Let them sit for 8 to 10 minutes, then drain them and gently squeeze out excess water with your hands.
- I used 2 7.23 oz. packages pre-cooked udon noodles, discarding flavor packet. You can use any type of rice noodles for this dish, or soba noodles as another great alternative. Just be sure to not overcook the noodles, and rinse them if using rice or soba noodles after cooking.
@janetsmunchmeals | www.munchmealsbyjanet.com
Janet is a long-time foodie and working mom, who is obsessed with creating simple, flavor-packed plant-based dishes that both vegans and non-vegans will love. Starting in 2017, Janet decided to turn my love of food and cooking into something she could share with the world through her blog and social pages.