RECIPE BY MARISSA FROM @itsallgoodvegan
Large pasta shells stuffed with a creamy vegan ricotta cheese, and topped with mozzarella cheese, crushed red pepper, cherry tomatoes, and fresh basil. This recipe is a must for the weekend!
- PASTA SAUCE
- 2 tsp oil, I used avocado oil
- 8 ounces of baby bella mushrooms, chopped
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- ½ tsp dried oregano
- ½ tsp dried thyme
- 24 oz homemade pasta sauce
- TOFU RICOTTA
- 14 ounce container firm or extra firm tofu, drained and patted dry
- ½ small lemon, seeded and juiced
- ¼ cup unsweetened dairy-free milk, I used soy
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 Tbsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 ½ cup fresh spinach
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- 1 cup dairy-free mozzarella cheese
- 1 tsp crushed red pepper
- 1 Tbsp fresh basil, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 400°F (204°C).
- Make the pasta sauce. Heat a medium pan on medium heat. Add the oil, mushrooms, and cook for 3-4 minutes. Combine the jarred pasta sauce, salt, pepper, oregano, and thyme. Mix until well combined and set sauce aside.
- Bring a large pot of water to boil. Add the pasta and cook according to the back of the package. Drain water, and set aside.
In a high powered blender or food processor combine all the tofu ricotta ingredients.
- Pulse until the mixture becomes smooth and creamy, similar to a ricotta cheese texture.
- Coat the 9 x 13 inch baking dish with the pasta sauce.
- Assemble pasta shells by piping each shell with the tofu ricotta mixture, around 1-2 tablespoons. Place the stuffed shells facing up in the baking dish.
- Sprinkle shells with vegan mozzarella cheese and cherry tomatoes. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until hot and bubbly. Top with crushed red pepper and fresh basil.
Marissa Wong @itsallgoodvegan | www.itsallgoodvegan.com
I’m Marissa, the recipe creator and food photographer for It’s All Good Vegan. I love to spend my days in the kitchen creating simple and healthy recipes. My mission is to educate others how eating plants can help you live a healthy, balanced life.