RECIPE BY @wakeupandkale
These pumpkin spice scones taste like your classic bakery scones, but are naturally vegan, gluten free, and made with healthier ingredients! They’re soft baked, loaded with pumpkin spice flavours and topped with a delicious white chocolate glaze. Sure to be a fall favourite that the whole family will enjoy!
makes 8 scones
- 2 cup oat flour
- ½ cup pumpkin puree
- ¼ cup coconut sugar
- ¼ cup nut milk
- ⅓ cup solid, chilled coconut oil
- 2 tbsp coconut yogurt (thick)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- WHITE CHOCOLATE GLAZE
- ⅓ cup vegan white chocolate chips
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- ¼ cup chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 425F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, combine all dry ingredients.
- Cut in coconut oil with a pastry cutter (or fork if you don’t have one).
- Add in wet ingredients and stir until just combined (don’t overmix!).
- Form into a ball of dough and shape into a large round disk shape. Use a sharp knife to cut into 8 even triangle pieces and place each 2 inches apart on baking sheet.
- Bake for 16-18 minutes until lightly golden. Once baked, let cool on pan for 15 minutes before removing. (don’t skip this step!).
- For glaze, melt together white chocolate with coconut oil until smooth. Drizzle generously over top of cooled scones and top with chopped pecans while the glaze is still wet. Enjoy!
Arisha | @wakeupandkale www.wakeupandkale.com
Hi There! I'm Arisha from @wakeupandkale. I’m a 24 year old athlete and recipe creator from Vancouver, Canada with a passion for living a healthy yet balanced lifestyle. I started @wakeupandkale to be able to share simple, healthy recipes that anyone can make! My goal is to inspire you to enjoy cooking, and to show how easy and delicious healthy eating can be!