RECIPE BY SARA FROM @BETTERFOODGURU
Hummus is a versatile dish wherein you can incorporate your favourite flavours. This recipe is uses cannellini instead of chickpeas and flavoured with roasted garlic. A classic combination that tastes so good, and pairs well with bread, veggies and crackers.
- 2 cans cannellini beans, rinsed and drained (15 oz cans)
- 12 cloves of garlic
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 6 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- juice of two lemons
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2-3 fresh mint leaves
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- In a small baking pan, place 12 cloves of garlic with skin on, and drizzle 3 tbsp of olive oil on top. Cover with aluminum foil and bake roast for 20 minutes. Set aside to cool. Once cool enough to touch, gently squeeze and pop the garlic cloves out of their skin. Reserve the oil for topping.
- In a high-speed blender or food processor, place the beans, 6 cloves of roasted garlic, tahini, lemon, 3 tbsp olive oil and salt.
- Puree until smooth and creamy.
- Top with the remaining garlic, olive oil from the roasted garlic and chopped minced leaves.
- Enjoy with your favourite bread, wrap, veggies and crackers.
Sara is a Chef, a Mother of three, and a voracious eater of plants. She’s always been plant forward but since becoming vegan, helping others eat more plants has become her passion project. She share recipes to guide others on their journey to better health and happiness through food.