RECIPE BY SARA FROM @BETTERFOODGURU
Coleslaw leveled up with tahini and chickpeas, a hearty salad that's great to serve over lunch.
- 1 can chickpeas, drained
- 2 cups shredded green cabbage
- 1 cup shredded red cabbage
- 6 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 persian cucumbers, diced
- 1/4 red onion, minced
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 2 baby bell peppers, chopped
- 5 mint leaves
- 3 tsp toasted pepitas (pumpkin seeds)
- 3 tbsp tahini
- 2 pinches salt
- black pepper, to taste
- juice of 1 1/2 limes
- chili and lime, for garnish (optional)
- Add chickpeas, cabbages, tomatoes, cucumbers, onion, bell peppers, mint and pepitas to a large bowl.
- Add tahini, salt, pepper and lime
Mix with hands until well combined. Taste for salt and adjust to your tastes.
- Garnish with sliced avocado, mint leaves and chili and lime seasoning.
Sara Tercero | @betterfoodguru | www.betterfoodguru.com
Sara Tercero is the Chef behind the popular blog and Instagram BetterFoodGuru and the Author of 30 Days to a Plant-based Diet: A Cookbook and Meal Plan for Beginners. She shares easy, healthy, and tasty recipes inspired by global flavors that will make you want to eat your vegetables. Her specialties are vegan Indian inspired dishes, Rainbow Salads and Mediterranean and Mexican Inspired cuisines. It is Sara’s mission to prove that plants are delicious and help others cook and eat their way to health and happiness.