RECIPE BY JANET OF @JANETSMUNCHMEALS
This beautiful bowl is loaded with different essential vitamins and minerals to give you an extra boost in energy - more than enough to help you conquer your day.
- QUINOA BOWL
- 2 cups baby potatoes quartered
- 1/2 tsp each kosher salt and pepper for roasting potatoes
- 1 to 2 tbsp olive oil for roasting potatoes
- 1 cup uncooked quinoa
- juice of 1/2 lemon plus more for serving
- 2 bell peppers diced
- 8 oz. cremini mushrooms quartered
- 1 tbsp olive oil for vegetables
- 1/4 tsp each kosher salt, pepper, garlic powder for cooking bell
- peppers and mushrooms
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 3/4 cup halved cherry tomatoes
- 1/4 cup chopped kalamata olives
- fresh parsley for serving optional
- 1 15 oz. can chickpeas drained and rinsed
- 1 tsp olive oil for chickpeas
- 1/4 tsp each kosher salt, pepper, garlic powder and paprika for chickpeas
- 1/4 cup vegan mayo
- 4 tsp dijon mustard
- 2 tbsp agave nectar
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/8 tsp kosher salt
- Drizzle potatoes with half of their seasoning, and toss. Roast them on a baking tray lined with parchment for approx 20 to 25 min on 400 degrees F (convect/fan), tossing halfway and adding the remaining half of the potato seasoning halfway.
- Meanwhile, cook quinoa according to package directions in water or vegetable broth. Let it to cool on a tray or mixing bowl and stir in juice of 1/2 lemon.
- Cook bell peppers and mushrooms on medium heat in their olive oil and seasonings for 6 to 8 min, stirring periodically until browned. Transfer them to a plate. Add chickpeas and their oil and seasonings to the pan, and cook on medium heat for 3 to 4 min.
- Serve up all these goods with the dressing, including the tomatoes and olives or use them to top some greens, or even as a side dish. Top optionally with chopped fresh parsley and more lemon juice.
@janetsmunchmeals | www.munchmealsbyjanet.com
Janet is a long-time foodie and working mom, who is obsessed with creating simple, flavor-packed plant-based dishes that both vegans and non-vegans will love. Starting in 2017, Janet decided to turn my love of food and cooking into something she could share with the world through her blog and social pages.